Termites or white ants have included in the family of insects called isopterans and there are 1800 species of these small creatures. However, they all eat wood material more specifically on dead wood because they turn cellulose into energy for life.
Termites are insects that are very dangerous for many people. Below are some very useful methods that can help you deal with these damaging insects. You can also get termite control services in Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Apex, NC.
Image Source: Google
Effective Termite Control Method:
1. Fumigation: This is most suitable for dry wood termites, although expensive is very effective. This procedure lasts a long time because it involves installing infected structures, evacuating residents and pumping gas into damaged wood to remove all insects and eggs.
2. Insecticides: Insecticides can be shot directly on sick wood or on land or soil. Holes are drilled in infested wood and chemicals are pumped through holes.
3. Heat treatment: This is one termite control technique that is very effective for eradicating dry wood termites from your home.
4. Freezing: Works best for small areas. Liquid nitrogen is pushed into infected areas and walls or the nest is frozen. This process is effective in the early stages of colony growth.
5. Boric acid: Boric acid is dissolved and painted on the infected area. This helps prevent termites for years. This is effective in the treatment of wood and once again functions best as a preventive measure.